About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a 22 year old born in '88. I'm loving the symmetry.

I also love a lot of other things, and I hope that you'll get a sense of what those things are after browsing my happiness project. This is a less formalized version of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project - I'm basically just trying to remind myself of all the things I smile about. I'm forgetful.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Rough Day

As Cameron from Modern Family would say, I'm in a really dark space right now.

Just kidding, although today was very taxing.

This morning I woke up feeling a throbbing in my left jaw. I got all four wisdom teeth taken out in October, and three of them have healed normally-- but the fourth one, the impacted one, has been a nightmare. Despite how anal I am about oral hygiene, the fourth one still got infected about a month ago. I had to go get it treated by my oral surgeon who has some of the worst bedside manner I've ever seen...

I remember reading him up on RateMDs.com before, and some people said they felt like guinea pigs being experimented on by a mad scientist. I am inclined to agree.

So my jaw pain brought on emotional pain (trauma) as well as physical pain. Determined to avoid the dentist, I was gurgling hot salt water in a rage all morning and scrubbing at my tooth with a sulca brush, and then pseudo injecting the area with a plastic syringe filled with mouth wash. The pain seemed to go away for a while but is back...


Being a sick turd

The weather was treacherous and I felt like fainting during my shift at Starbucks the whole time. It didn't help that I was late and ran to the store. My lungs and throat couldn't take running through that bitter cold and dry air, and my throat still feels raw and bloody. /tmi


Spaghetti with wild mushrooms, arugula, prosciutto and parmesan.

I finally got home and made myself dinner. I didn't cook with the same enjoyment I normally do--my movements felt robotic. But in the end I did feel better. I guess the action of doing something nice, and something that's entirely for myself was what lessened the edge a bit.



Then I ate three blood oranges, one of my favorite fruits.

I feel like I need to lie down now though. I wish I had fresh cut flowers. Ultimately though, what would make me happy right now is a hug. :( I was good today though, by not letting the physical pain morph into an entirely emotional one. Although the physical pain was definitely taxing enough to wear me down, at least I don't feel entirely lost right now.

Update: lol I went to look up my oral surgeon's bad reviews and I think he had them removed somehow... Now only positive ones are left, except for the most recent one:

"I am not happy with the filling work that was done. not sure why my post was removed."

and

"Very knowledgeable dentist, however sensitivity to patients' feelings and needs to be improved."

Aww, the mad scientist one is gone! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment