About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a 22 year old born in '88. I'm loving the symmetry.

I also love a lot of other things, and I hope that you'll get a sense of what those things are after browsing my happiness project. This is a less formalized version of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project - I'm basically just trying to remind myself of all the things I smile about. I'm forgetful.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Little Things

It's 1:40 AM and I should be sleeping, only because one of my new year's resolutions was to sleep earlier. But I just started reading (skimming) Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project" and it's inspired me to start my own. My objective is to ensure that I'm doing something everyday to make myself happy. So let's start:

Today I sprayed my pillows and self with CLEAN Provence eau de parfum before going to bed. It's something nice to snuggle into while falling asleep.



I also ran on the treadmill. It was hard-- I didn't feel as superhero-y as I have in the past, but I didn't beat myself up over it. I think getting back into running will make me happier, but I have to make sure I don't feel contractually obligated to run. I will accept that it's okay if I don't.

Ate the rest of the jerk chicken I made the other day. It was nice to cook, and I'm glad I was inspired by Ryan and Jason to make it.



They went on and on about how amazing their jerk chicken wings were while I was at the office, and it sounded too good to pass up. I added a bit of lemon juice, honey and soy sauce like the website said. Super super spicy, but I definitely want to make them again. I think I need to cook like that more often - just to experiment and have fun, instead of feeling like I'm catering towards someone. I do that a lot. I also enjoyed the fact that it was something I wanted to do, and I put it into action quickly. I need to do that more often, it also gives me a sense of control which is something I feel that I lack in my life.

One of my school applications is due on Friday. I'm stressed about it, although it's not really a mental stress which is surprising. I can feel my body reacting to the situation though. It's bizarre, I've never been so physically affected by an emotional situation before. Trying not to beat myself up for not working on it right now. Also trying to stay calm about the situation, and to not be afraid of failure. As Rubin says, "If you're not failing, you're not trying hard enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment