About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a 22 year old born in '88. I'm loving the symmetry.

I also love a lot of other things, and I hope that you'll get a sense of what those things are after browsing my happiness project. This is a less formalized version of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project - I'm basically just trying to remind myself of all the things I smile about. I'm forgetful.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

...Detox? ...Day 3 or something?

So instead of drinking pee i had some monkey poo instead. yum yum yum NOM nom
That's what my boyfriend wrote while I left to get some pineapple from the kitchen.

Today the pseudo detox didn't start off as well, but that's because I had to run out the door this morning instead of spending the day at home. Instead of having a glass of lemon water, then the herbal tea an hour later, and then a smoothie, I downed the lemon water in two goes and then gulped down my smoothie.

It was much better today though,  despite the protein powder. I added spinach to the usual mix and it helped a lot.



Then we went with his family to see Don Carlo (they had it playing at SilverCity, recorded from The Met), which is about five hours... Naturally at intermission we went and got New York Fries. Then for dinner his dad served garlic chicken with a mountain of polenta, which was delicious but definitely not what Gwyneth Paltrow had in mind. Of course, I couldn't resist having an Oreo ice cream sandwich for dessert.


I wasn't supposed to be in the picture...

Sigh, I have no self control. I guess this detox, turned pseudo-detox, will just become healthy eating? I actually tracked my meals today at Livestrong.com to see how bad I was, and I'm actually not far off.

I don't have much longer until my second application for school is due, but I'm trying my best to just enjoy these days off--to relax, and have fun. That's what this year was supposed to be about, it's why I only applied to Starbucks for a job. I only applied to two places: Starbucks, and a non-profit organization. No others. And those are currently the two places I invest my time in.

So now I'm off to watch some Supernatural, and to try to resist a second helping of polenta...

My boyfriend is now trying to convince me to change what I wrote after his pee-ing fiasco, to contextualize it--or to make his satirical wit more apparent. "It sounds crazy!"

Yes, yes it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment