About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a 22 year old born in '88. I'm loving the symmetry.

I also love a lot of other things, and I hope that you'll get a sense of what those things are after browsing my happiness project. This is a less formalized version of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project - I'm basically just trying to remind myself of all the things I smile about. I'm forgetful.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

9 Months

Today is my boyfriend and I's 9 month anniversary. We spent last night together past midnight- but I honestly forgot about it until the clock struck 12. I don't know what made me remember, I wasn't being particularly reflective.... it just dawned on me. So yesterday was happy, we just had jerk chicken (yes, more of that), did some work, watched a bit of the Leafs game. I subjected him to a variety of teas and kept nudging the little cup towards him so that he'd finish it. I like how he humors my little insanities.

Still worried about my school application. I nearly had a mini attack today when I thought my professor wasn't having office hours tomorrow-- I thought I had mixed up the days he was there, and was already making backup plans when I realized I hadn't made a mistake after all.

So, what's making me happy today? Well I'm trying to be healthy for the next 2-3 weeks. I think that's a realistic time frame to be strict with myself, but it's already failing a bit. Is it? I have no gauge as to whether or not I'm being healthy enough. I nearly caved into McNuggets today but had a chicken asparagus wrap instead. Still unsure as to how healthy that was (it sounds healthy, but didn't taste healthy...)

Had a Luna bar for breakfast-- I'm trying them out for a while again. I tried the lemon zest, it was amazing! It was like a delicious blondie vanilla square with icing sugar on top-- not too sweet, not too lemony, and not artificial tasting. Definitely going to pick up some more eventually.



It made my morning! Then someone I work with said something nice to me, that was another plus. :)

I want to run to Cheryl Cole's "Messy Little Raindrops" album but I think it'll be too late by the time I get to the gym... might have to make due with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I should be having dinner with my friend Samya, so that'll be lovely. I'm also going to visit the College Park Winners after work today.

All about doing the things that make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment