About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a 22 year old born in '88. I'm loving the symmetry.

I also love a lot of other things, and I hope that you'll get a sense of what those things are after browsing my happiness project. This is a less formalized version of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project - I'm basically just trying to remind myself of all the things I smile about. I'm forgetful.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Promise This & Health

Growing up as an Asian girl has made me conscious of my figure and my eating habits. When I was a child, I would often hear comments about weight in numbers and who had recently gotten fat.

Thankfully, due to good friends and less outrageous family members, I've grown up without going totally insane. By God, I do love my food. Today, my breakfast was a thick delicious slice of white toast smothered in peanut butter and blackberry jam. I followed it up with a banana since they were all rapidly turning brown. Lunch was a spicy tofu Korean stew with a mountain of rice (I also ate all of the appetizer - a green onion pancake). At work I had a chocolate smoothie to avoid food until dinner, but ended up eating a huge hunk of lemon poppy seed loaf anyways. Then for dinner I had half a steak, brown sugar carrots and a huge bowl of French onion soup.

And then two more bowls as a late night snack.

So yes, I'm hardly delicate about my food. It's one of the things that contribute to my happiness. But on days like today, it gets to a point where I'm no longer happy, and I only feel guilty.

Which is why I'd like to read "The End of Overeating" by former FDA commissioner David Kessler. The reality of my reading it is debatable, though. :\ The idea was that, by reading the book, I would have a healthier perspective on food instead of compulsively keeping track of everything. I do eat mindlessly, and if I'm eating with intention I shouldn't feel bad about it later. I honestly will probably do what I always do though: work out.

But today I felt woozy and didn't want to work out. I wanted to sleep, but since (again) I hadn't done enough work on my school application, I forced myself to work out so that I would have been slightly productive day.

I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on Level 1 while Cheryl Cole's "Promise This" music video played in the background. She's so pretty, and I love how elegant she looks when she's in her ballerina get up.



It inspires me to buy things, unfortunately though.

So now I feel good, had a lovely hot shower (one of my favorite things) and moisturized properly. I'm really trying to take care of myself, one step at a time.

I feel like drinking a million gallons of water though after all that sodium today. The only reason my head isn't under the tap is because I'm afraid of getting up to pee all night.

I hope I don't get tired of "Promise This" until the next time I hit the treadmill. It's so hard to run when I don't have a song I'm really into.

Also sprayed Clean's Provence perfume on my pillow again. I love that sweet lemon soap scent.

Mmmm... I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment