About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a 22 year old born in '88. I'm loving the symmetry.

I also love a lot of other things, and I hope that you'll get a sense of what those things are after browsing my happiness project. This is a less formalized version of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project - I'm basically just trying to remind myself of all the things I smile about. I'm forgetful.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Superbowl Weekend

I'm behind in updating!


Go Packers! With Antoine and Garrett.


So I visited my friend Justin in St. Catherine's last weekend with our friend Antoine, who flew in from Paris. Truthfully it's exactly what I needed.


I am a champ.


It was definitely a taxing weekend on my body-- a lot of junk food and drinking, no sleep, etc. At many points I remember thinking "I feel soooo rough." But despite that, it was an awesome weekend. It tops my weekend in Montreal from two years ago, which was one of the key moments in my life. When I visited Montreal, I wanted to escape myself but ended up finding myself. With St. Kitts, I was reminded of what made me happiest. Working in the service industry hasn't helped, but recently I found myself catering too much to other people's needs. I always figured that I could handle it, and didn't realize how much it was wearing away at me. This past weekend made me realize what I was missing.


Antoine, Rako, Justin and I at London Arms.



The snow was so high everywhere, so picturesque. 


The weekend was full of people who supported me, and did things for me, despite their own schedules or stresses. It was just nice to be so cared for.

--

On a side note:

As I've said, I'm a big fan of Valentine's Day. I've already handed out most of my little drugstore greeting cards. I hope they make other people just as happy!

2 comments:

  1. The BIG-anus snowman in St.Catherine is crazy!! I was wondering... do I also get a chance to see that cute hamster-valentine cards? LOL

    ReplyDelete