About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm a 22 year old born in '88. I'm loving the symmetry.

I also love a lot of other things, and I hope that you'll get a sense of what those things are after browsing my happiness project. This is a less formalized version of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project - I'm basically just trying to remind myself of all the things I smile about. I'm forgetful.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Music

I was in a rut. I blamed it on the fact that I needed to be saving money, but I was really wasting my summer days. I spent the last few weeks watching all three seasons of White Collar. While Matt Bomer is cute, the show isn't particularly gripping... but there I was, mindlessly letting the calendar pages fly.

Then today, suddenly, I somehow found this great music mix http://gigawattdesign.com/tunes/1.1.html

Suddenly I appreciated the sunny weather, the clean white walls of my apartment, the antique crystal chandelier, the beauty of having a day off alone at home.

I felt no inclination to fill up my social calendar. Instead, I did exactly what I wanted to do. I ate a grilled cheese sandwich. I had a PB&J as my dessert for that meal. I defrosted a few slabs of thickly sliced bacon so that I could make bacon carbonara later tonight.

I read a book by my old philosophy professor, Mark Kingwell, and now I'm off to flip through some risk management articles. I finally WANT to read them.

I love days like today. So beautiful and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment